Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Laci Mai



This past Feb. I lost my best little friend. My Shih Tzu, Muffet, she was my tatting partner for 12 years. When I got out the shuttle, she would crawl on the couch and sit right next to me while I was working. Muffet would sit there whether I was tatting or weaving. We were only seperated when I went to work. It broke my heart when she crossed the Rainbow bridge. I haven't picked up my shuttles since she left me.

But on Saturday, my daughter and husband surprised me for Easter with a new little friend, please meet Laci Mai. She is also a little Shih tzu and has already won a place in my heart. When I sat down Saturday evening to finish a bookmark that I had started at the beginning of Feb. she crawled right over laid down on my lap and didn't move. I have another partner. She is named Laci because I make lace and Mai (May) because it has a nice country ring to it. Sarah wanted the I's at the end because it looked cool. I am still so excited. I hate going to work.

I need to get busy on Claire's hearts this week, and finish my bookmarks that I have started.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermoso regalo de pascuas, ojalá sea su compañía por muchos años.Da la impresión que es un perrito de peluche . Felicidades.

Melissa said...

Aww That is sooo sweet! I saw your post at needle tatting two and had to come take a look. She is very cute and that's so sweet that she snuggled right up in your lap. I love her name too!
Melissa

Arlene said...

I think Muffet will also be pleased in doggie heaven that you are tatting again! You new friend will be happy you plan to sit still for a while...they hate it when we disturb them right!!

Karen Martinez said...

Rosa, Love your new baby. We have the Boys, and they just don't sit still with me while tatting. They are rather rambunctious. Oh well. Love the posts of your projects as well. Such beautiful work! Keep warm up in Ohio! South Texas is having wonderful April weather right now...Karen